The Municipal Services department is responsible for the annual improvements of roadway infrastructure within the Village. Responsibilities include design and review of engineering plans, inspection of construction, and communication with citizens in project areas.
This page includes the general information that residents should understand about road construction projects. Please read all material on this page before moving to the individual project pages. This page includes the in-depth information of work that can be done in any type of road construction project. The individual project pages will only provide you with a brief outline of work that will be done for that particular project.
Construction Updates & "Staying Informed"
One of the most important aspects of a successful roadway project is communication with residents. Road construction updates will be posted in the "News Flash" section on the right side of this page. There will be updates at least once a week during a project, at a minimum. These updates will contain information on the weekly schedule of construction, water shut offs, driveway accessibility, and emergency situations.
To sign up to receive weekly updates in an e-mail and/or text message, follow the steps below.
- Click on "Stay Informed" on the left side of this page.
- Enter your e-mail address in the text box at the top of the page and click "Sign In".
- Scroll down to the "News Flash" section of the page and click the next to Road Construction Projects.
- Optional: If you would like to also receive text message updates than first check the check box below your e-mail next to "I would like to be able to receive text messages on my mobile phone". Then click the next to Road Construction Projects.
- Start Dates and Public Meetings
- Driveway Accessibility & Driveway Aprons
- Water Shutoffs
- Private Walkways
- Sprinkler Systems
- Golf Cart Taxi Service
All driveway aprons will be removed and replaced during the reconstruction process. Aprons will be replaced with standard concrete unless the resident requested the use of asphalt in writing otherwise. New aprons will meet the width of the existing driveway at the sidewalk and taper 3' on both sides at the curb line. These specifications can be found within the Village Code (See 8-2-8 of Village Code).
Any stairs located within the Village right-of-way will be removed and the area will be restored with sod.