Does the Village collect dead or wild animals?

Dead animals on Village streets, sidewalks or parkways will be picked up by the Public Works Department. If an animal is located on Ogden Avenue, 55th Street or 47th street, residents must call IDOT at 217-782-2937. If an animal is located on Wolf Road, residents must call the Cook County Highway Department at 708-448-8006. For assistance in the collection of a dead animal from a Village street, sidewalk or parkway, please use Report a Concern. The Village does not collect or destroy wild animals. 

Show All Answers

1. Who collects my garbage?
2. How can I learn more about upcoming roadway construction projects?
3. How do I find more information about the proposed Tollway expansion project?
4. When do I need a building permit?
5. What do I have to do to have a Block Party?
6. How do I apply for employment?
7. Does the Village collect dead or wild animals?
8. Who handles mosquito control?
9. Does the Village pick up branches?
10. Is there a public swimming pool in the Village?
11. Is there a Newcomers Club in Western Springs?
12. What and when is the household spring clean up?
13. Can I register to vote at the Village Hall?
14. What are the parking restrictions during snow removal?
15. What are the hours for the Village Hall?
16. What do I do if my sewer backs up into my home?
17. Is there a drop box for water bill and parking fine payments?
18. What are the Halloween hours?
19. How often are the blue bags for recycling distributed?