Community Development offices are open Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
The Village also offers alternative methods, such as the ones below:
- The drop box is available and checked daily. Visitors are encouraged to utilize the drop box as a convenience.
- Building permit applications and contractor registration forms can be found at www.wsprings.com/516/Permits-Licenses.
- Completed permit applications, contractor applications, and related documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All site engineering plans must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Building inspections can be scheduled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Community Development staff can accommodate conference calls, zoom calls, and Facetime calls with those who have code or plan review questions. These questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Question can be answered by calling the Community Development Department at (708) 246-1800, ext.180 or 177.
- Enforcing building, zoning, health regulations
- Issuing permits for new construction or alterations of existing structures
- Inspecting finished construction work
- Economic development services including new business openings, liquor licensing, coordination with the Western Springs Business Association, and more. (See the “Business” tab above for more information.
- Courtesy Walk Through: This service is provided to existing and prospective business owners prior to construction. Learn more here.
Building Code and Plan Review Questions
These questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or (708) 246-1800, x177 or 180. The Community Development staff can accommodate conference calls, zoom calls, and Facetime calls with those who have code or plan review questions. To inquire please email or call the number above.
Permits, Fees, Contractor Registration, Bonds, and More
For information regarding permits, fees, contractor registration, and bonds, please contact our front desk at 708-246-1800 or e-mail Elizabeth Chenelle (at ext. 177) or Stephanie Nietupski (at ext. 180).
Schedule an Inspection
To schedule an inspection, please email email@example.com. The email requesting the inspection must contain the following information:
- Project Address and permit number in the subject line of the email
- Type of inspection or inspections requested
- Name and phone number of contact person for inspection
- Requested inspection date
Once the inspection has been scheduled a confirmation email will be sent. If any of the needed information listed above was not included in your email it may delay the scheduling of your inspection.
Digital Engineering Review Process
The Village accepts engineering plans by email. No paper plans are required for new single family homes, single and multi-family additions, townhomes, garages, pools, commercial properties, stormwater plans for non-residential and other projects. For more details, click the link below for information. Also below is the Village Address Map which will help make sure your address is correct for all plan submittals. Links to the Autodesk website are also provided below.
Digital Engineering Review Instructions
Autodesk Design Review download and troubleshooting help
Village Address Map