Update on Office Opening:
The recent transitions within the Restore Illinois plan have led the Village’s Community Development Department to re-open to the public as of Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Below are re-opening details:
- Community Development will be open Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Members of the public entering the lobby will be required to wear a face covering.
- The lobby will have floor markings to maintain social distancing and no more than two (2) individuals at a time will be permitted indoors.
- A glass window has been installed at the front counter.
- Pick up for some permits, such as new single family homes and water meters, may require scheduling an appointment with a staff member.
The Village remains committed to the safety and wellbeing of residents and staff; therefore, we encourage everyone to continue utilizing alternative methods, such as the ones below:
- The drop box will remain available and is checked daily. Visitors are encouraged to utilize the drop box versus entering the lobby.
- Building permit applications and contractor registration forms can be found at www.wsprings.com/516/Permits-Licenses.
- Completed permit applications, contractor applications, and related documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All site engineering plans must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Building inspections can be scheduled by calling (708) 246-1800, ext.191.
- The Building Inspector can accommodate conference calls, zoom calls, and Facetime calls with those who have code or plan review questions. These questions can be directed to Robert Schmidt, Building Inspector, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (708) 246-1800, x179.
- Question can be answered by calling the Community Development Department at (708) 246-1800, ext.180 or 177.
- Enforcing building, zoning, health regulations
- Issuing permits for new construction or alterations of existing structures
- Inspecting finished construction work
- Economic development services including new business openings, liquor licensing, coordination with the Western Springs Business Association, and more. (See the “Business” tab above for more information.
PermitsPermits, Fees, Contractor Registration, Bonds, and More
For information regarding permits, fees, contractor registration, and bonds, please contact our front desk at 708-246-1800 or e-mail Elizabeth Chenelle (at ext 177) or Nancy Grossi (at ext 180).
To schedule an inspection, please call 708-246-1800 ext. 191.You can leave a message and staff will respond within 24 hours or sooner.
Digital Engineering Review Process
The Village accepts engineering plans by email. No paper plans are required for new single family homes, single and multi-family additions, townhomes, garages, pools, commercial properties, stormwater plans for non-residential and other projects. For more details, click the link below for information. Also below is the Village Address Map which will help make sure your address is correct for all plan submittals. Links to the Autodesk website are also provided below.
Digital Engineering Review Instructions
Autodesk Design Review download and troubleshooting help
Village Address Map