Halloween festivities during COVID-19:
From the County:
October 12 - The Cook County Housing Authority is part of the COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Program, funded by federal Coronavirus Aid. This program offers mortgage relief for income-eligible households. Go www.cookcountyil.gov/recovery for details.
August 28 - Based on regional metrics established by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), suburban Cook County has moved from blue to orange on the County Level Risk Metrics Map. An ‘orange’ designation indicates warning signs of increased COVID-19 risk. Read more here.
August 4 - Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) today issued guidance for bars, fitness clubs, personal care businesses, and other gathering places to respond to a new surge in COVID-19 cases, particularly among young adults. For more information view the Press Release or visit the COVID-19 Mitigation Guidance page.
July 17 - Cook County Department of Public Health is recommending quarantine measures for persons entering the region from states around the county where the incidence of COVID-19 infection is high. Learn more at: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-travel-guidance/
From the State:
September 30 - Illinois Department of Public Health issued Halloween Festivities Guidance.
August 25 - Governor Pritzker announced updated Restaurant and Bar Establishment Guidelines.
BEDS Plus Care is working with the Illinois Housing Development Authority to assist residents who have fallen behind on their mortgage as a result of a COVID-19 event. Learn more at: https://beds-plus.org/how-we-help/prevention-stabilization/
August 17 - IDPH has created travel map assessing risk level by state, to help Illinoisans more safely make travel plans throughout the country.
July 15 - Governor Pritzker laid out a targeted approach for Illinois’ response to upticks in coronavirus. Learn more about the health metrics that will be used to determine when the spread of the virus in a region requires additional mitigations at: https://www2.illinois.gov/IISNews/21818-Actions_to_Combat_a_Resurgence_of_COVID-19.pdf
June 26 - Illinois has moved to Phase 4 as per the Governor’s Executive Order.
June 23 - Governor Pritzker announced that Illinois will move to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan on Friday, June 26.
From the Village President:
President Gallagher makes regular public health statements at the Board of Trustees meetings. Read them here
May 8 - President Gallagher discusses ’Restore Illinois" in her President’s Corner message for May.
April 10 - President Gallagher discusses some of the issues facing our community, in light of the current COVID-19 situation:
March 20 - President Gallagher issues a statement on the State’s shelter-in-place order, and what it means for residents.
March 16 - President Gallagher provides an update on the impacts of Covid-19 in the Village. Read her address here.
June 1 - Recreation Department office staff will be available to answer phone calls Mondays & Wednesdays 8:30 am-4:30 pm and Fridays 8:30 am-noon. The office remains closed to the public. Please use on-line registration or the drop box outside of the Recreation Center. Check the Rec Department page for upcoming program details, including cancellations: https://wsprings.com/199/Recreation
May 24 - The DCEO and IDPH released guidelines today for day camps, youth sports, tennis and others on May 24. Recreation staff will be modifying programs this week, according to the guidelines. Status updates will be provided as soon as they are available.
March 19 - The Village has activated a virtual Emergency Operations Center. Read more here.
March 17- The Village has announced changes to its services and operations as a result of Covid-19.Please see the informational flyer here.
LRS Announces Service Changes:
June 1 - LRS has re-instated bulk item collection. Items outside the cart will now be collected (refuse items require blue LRS stickers - refer to the bulk item sticker list).
LRS has also confirmed that Household Clean-up Day will take place, as planned, on June 20.
WSPD Announces Response & Operations Modifications:
March 16 - The Police Departments of Western Springs, La Grange and La Grange Park, in cooperation with LTACC, have announced temporary response and operations modifications in repsonse to Covid-19. Read the joint press release here.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has a text message program, allowing people to text “COVID” to 312-500-3836, in order to register to receive current information and updates about COVID-19. The Department also has a telephone hotline to take health questions about COVID-19; residents may call the hotline at 800-889-3931 or email questions to:email@example.com.
- COVID-19 data by zip code (this information is uploaded from the Chicago Reporter, using daily data provided by IDPH). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- IDPH Halloween Festivities Guidance (9/30)
- CDC Guidance on Halloween (9/21)
- Updated Restaurant and Bar Guidelines (8/25)
- Illinois Housing Department Authority Rent/Mortgage Assistance (8/25)
- IDPH Travel Hot Spots Map (8/17)
- Actions to Combat a Resurgence (7/15)
- Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation (6/26)
- Phase IV Executive Order (6/26)
- Phase III Executive Order (5/29)
- Governor Announces Updates to Phase 3 (5/20)
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response
- Restore Illinois (5/6)
- IDPH Restore
- Stay-at-Home Order Extended (4/23)
- Shelter-in-Place Executive Order (3/30)
- Shelter-in-Place Executive Order Extension (4/1)
- State Tax Deadline Extended
- Federal Tax Deadline Extended
- Emergency Childcare Information
- Secretary of State Resources @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Village of Western Springs Business Resources
- Western Springs Business Association
- West Suburban Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- State of Illinois Information for Small Business
- Senator Curran's Small Business Assistance Roundup
- Congressman Lipinski's Small Business Resources
- Department of Commerce Guidance on Essential Business @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Nicor Bill Assistance for Residential Customers
- ComEd Bill Assistance for Eligible Customers
- LTACC/Village Protocols
- Coronavirus Information Sheet
- Who Should I Call About Covid-19
- Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation
- IDPH Mask Wearing Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>