From the Governor:
May 20 - Governor Pritzker announced updates to Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan in consultation with health experts. Bars and restaurants can open for outdoor seating, and allState Parks to open. Read more in the press release.
May 6 - Governor Pritzker unveiled ’Restore Illinois’, a phased plan to reopen Illinois by region.The five-phase plan recognizes the impact COVID-19 has had on different regions of Illinois as well as regional variations in hospital capacity. Four health regions have been established, and each could independently move through each phase. The earliest that any region could move from the current Phase 2 to Phase 3 is May 29. The IDPH Restore website provides information on the health metrics used in the plan.
April 23 - Governor Pritzker announced that the Illinois Stay-at-Home Order will be extended through May, with modifications. Read the press release here.
From the Village President:
May 8 - President Gallagher discusses ’Restore Illinois" in her President’s Corner message for May.
April 10 - President Gallagher discusses some of the issues facing our community, in light of the current COVID-19 situation:
March 20 - President Gallagher issues a statement on the State’s shelter-in-place order, and what it means for residents.
March 16 - President Gallagher provides an update on the impacts of Covid-19 in the Village. Read her address here.
June 1 - Recreation Department office staff will be available to answer phone calls Mondays & Wednesdays 8:30 am-4:30 pm and Fridays 8:30 am-noon. The office remains closed to the public. Please use on-line registration or the drop box outside of the Recreation Center. Check the Rec Department page for upcoming program details, including cancellations: https://wsprings.com/199/Recreation
May 24 - The DCEO and IDPH released guidelines today for day camps, youth sports, tennis and others on May 24. Recreation staff will be modifying programs this week, according to the guidelines. Status updates will be provided as soon as they are available.
March 19 - The Village has activated a virtual Emergency Operations Center. Read more here.
March 17- The Village has announced changes to its services and operations as a result of Covid-19.Please see the informational flyer here.
LRS Announces Service Changes:
June 1 - LRS has re-instated bulk item collection. Items outside the cart will now be collected (refuse items require blue LRS stickers - refer to the bulk item sticker list).
LRS has also confirmed that Household Clean-up Day will take place, as planned, on June 20.
WSPD Announces Response & Operations Modifications:
March 16 - The Police Departments of Western Springs, La Grange and La Grange Park, in cooperation with LTACC, have announced temporary response and operations modifications in repsonse to Covid-19. Read the joint press release here.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has a text message program, allowing people to text “COVID” to 312-500-3836, in order to register to receive current information and updates about COVID-19. The Department also has a telephone hotline to take health questions about COVID-19; residents may call the hotline at 800-889-3931 or email questions to:email@example.com.
- Phase III Executive Order (5/29)
- Governor Announces Updates to Phase 3 (5/20)
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response
- Restore Illinois (5/6)
- IDPH Restore
- Stay-at-Home Order Extended (4/23)
- Shelter-in-Place Executive Order (3/30)
- Shelter-in-Place Executive Order Extension (4/1)
- State Tax Deadline Extended
- Federal Tax Deadline Extended
- Emergency Childcare Information
- Secretary of State Resources @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Village of Western Springs Business Resources
- Western Springs Business Association
- West Suburban Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- State of Illinois Information for Small Business
- Senator Curran's Small Business Assistance Roundup
- Congressman Lipinski's Small Business Resources
- Department of Commerce Guidance on Essential Business @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>