News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/23/2017 1:48:01 PM to 10/11/2017 9:41:13 AM.

News Flash

Community News

Posted on: August 23, 2017

[ARCHIVED] Burlington Avenue Commuter Parking Resurfacing - Begins Week of August 28th

Burlington Commuter Parking Resurfacing Map

The resurfacing of the Burlington Avenue commuter parking spaces between Grand Avenue and Central Avenue is scheduled to begin during the week of August 28th. The project is estimated to take 2 weeks and the parking spaces will be unavailable for public use. Residents should expect delays in travel when within the project limits as construction equipment, vehicles, and personnel will be on-site during working hours. Commuters should account for additional travel time as available parking may be farther from the train depot. Commuter spaces west of the project area or east of Wolf Road, on both sides of the train tracks, are typically open for daily use.

The Village received $250,000 in grant funding from the West Suburban Mass Transit District for this project. The grant covers 70% of construction costs with the Village providing the remaining 30%. The project includes the replacement of the concrete gutter located on the southern edge of the stalls and the asphalt resurfacing of the commuter stalls. Additional resurfacing will be done on Burlington Avenue to repair any damages that occur during the gutter installation. Pedestrian improvements will also be completed at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue and Burlington Avenue.

If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact Casey Biernacki at 708-246-1800 x 276 or at

Facebook Twitter Email