Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Public Works Department will be collecting leaves beginning October 18, and they need your help to ensure that leaf pickup is safe and efficient:
• Only leaves may be raked into the gutter - no branches, lawn clippings, flowers, or pumpkins*
• Do not put leaves in the street before Friday, October 15
• Avoid parking on the streets from 6 am to 3:30 pm on pickup days
Pickup rotation is: Field Park, Old Town North, Old Town South, Ridge Acres, Forest Hills, Fairview Estates, Springdale, and Ridgewood. Leaf pickup will run continuously Monday through Friday except for Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Friday. Timber Trails and Commonwealth are not included. Final pickup begins Monday, November 29, weather permitting - snow removal will take priority**. All leaves must be in the gutter or parkway (see below) by Sunday, November 28. Final yard waste pickup by LRS will be on scheduled collection days during the week of November 22. During that week, Thursday and Friday collections will be delayed one day due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Advise your lawn service that only leaves are allowed in the gutter.
• Residents on Wolf Road from Ogden to 47th Street, and all of Ogden Avenue should rake leaves to the edge of the curb, and not into the gutter.
• Residents on Wolf Road from 47th Street to 59th Street, all of Gilbert, and the rest of the Village should rake their leaves into the gutter.
• Pickup schedule may be affected by emergency responses by the Public Works Department.
Call the Leaf Hotline at 246-1800, ext. 305, for daily updates.
*Pumpkins should not be curbed. Save them for a composting event on Saturday, November 6. More information will be available soon, at www.wsprings.com.
**The Village Board has revised street parking restrictions during a snow event. Street parking is now prohibited after 2 inches of snowfall (instead of 4 inches).
Residents should receive an orange postcard in the mail (digital version attached below) that provides this information.
View the informational postcard here.