The Village only picks up branches following a severe storm. Fallen branches should be moved to the curb no later than 48 hours following a storm. If branches have not been picked up residents should submit a Service Request (by clicking on the "Service Request" icon from the main page of the Village website). no later than one week following a storm event.
All regular tree trimmings must be disposed of through the yard waste program. Learn more by referencing LRS guide here.
Please ensure that brush conforms to the following requirements to assist the Village’s Public Works Division in their cleanup efforts:
- Branches placed at the curb for pick up must be the result of Storm Damage. Branches that have been cut or sawed will NOT be picked up for removal.
- Any brush placed at the curb that was not a result of storm damage (i.e landscape debris, processed wood, weeds, etc.) will NOT be collected.
- Branches must be stacked neatly on the parkway, oriented Perpendicular to the curb with the stump facing towards the street, and three feet away from stationary items. (trees, hydrants, etc.)
- Unlike Lakeshore Recycling’s guidelines for brush pickup, branches intended for pick up by the Public Works Division must NOT be tied with string, wire, and be free of wire, staples, nails, or metal of any kind.
- Root balls, stumps, lumber, debris, rocks, grasses, or any non-woody material will not be picked up.
- Do Not Cut branches into smaller sections. The longer the branch is, the easier it is for our crew to pick up.
- Branches and twigs shorter than 18 inches should be placed in a yard waste bag for removal by your waste carrier.
Any additional questions can be directed to the Public Works Division at 708-246-1800 ext. 200.Refuse & Yardwaste Guidelines